Unoccupied property insurance

Cover for your home if it’s left unoccupied for an extended period of time, such as during renovation, sale or probate.

  • With over 80 years’ experience insuring unoccupied homes, we know that flexible cover and great price are important to you
  • Our expert non-standard property team understands your unique situation and can provide you with insurance options to protect both your buildings and contents
  • Your buildings against perils such as fire, earthquake or explosion
  • Up to £2 million property owners liability cover included as standard
  • Damage caused by theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious damage
  • Structural damage against subsidence, heave or landslip
  • Cover against flood and storm damage
  • Damage caused by escape of water or oil
  • Riot and impact
  • Public liability cover included as standard

Submit a request online and one of our experts will call you back

Make an Enquiry

Give us a call today to talk about your insurance needs and find out how Riverdale can help

0161 241 5241

If your home is left unoccupied for more than 30 days, whether it’s awaiting sale, being renovated or waiting for the completion of probate, it’s likely that cover will be restricted on a standard home insurance policy. We can search our panel of leading insurers to find you a home insurance policy to protect your unoccupied property.